Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review for Final Touch by Brandilyn and Amberly Collins

Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)"Final Touch (The Rayne Tour #3)"

Author: Brandilyn Collins & Amberly Collins
Publisher: Zondervan
Source: Public Library
Challenge: Library Challenge and For the Love of YA
224 pages

 View lulu-5sta...jpg in slide show      

The day Shaley O'Conner has dreamed of all her life is shattered by a nightmare. On a lavish estate in California guarded from the media, Shaley's mom, rock star Rayne O'Connor, is marrying her teen sweetheart and Shaley's father, Gary Donovon. It's a dream come true for Shaley, who has always longed for the father she never knew. But minutes before the wedding, Shaley is kidnapped. Who is this man who has taken her—and why? As Rayne and Gary race against time to find their daughter, Shaley's abductor eludes the FBI at every turn. Fearing for her life, Shaley wills herself to stay strong. But as the days pass, she realizes that no one can save her but herself. - Summary Taken from Goodreads

  GREAT SUSPENSE! Just wanted to get that out there right away. This story is a great on the edge of your seat, 'what is going to happen next' book. It doesn't take long, a chapter or two in and the stone is alreadly rolling. I loved it! I felt so sorry for this girl, she is literally minutes away from having the life she always wanted and then bam! it gets ripped away from her. I liked how the author switched between viewpoints, one chapter is Shaley and the other its her parents. Very nice touch, it gives it more depth. So I've already stated, great plot... Now the characters. Shaley to me wasn't relatible BUT I really liked her as a main character. The other characters as well are portraiyed nicely. This is a great quick, suspenseful book that will leave you feeling satisfied. At least it did with me! I really enjoyed this book! I must mention though, this is part of a series. Actually it's the last. I do recommend this book to those of you who like good suspense novels!

Excerpt:

“Hi. Thanks for coming.” I half squinted at him, the sun in my eyes.
“No problem.” The driver wore a baseball cap pulled low over his forehead. He dipped his chin in a nod but never raised his eyes to mine. I caught the merest glimpse of his face as he strode past me toward the rear of the van. “I got it back here.”
A little ring box stuck in that big back area? Odd, but whatever. I just wanted to get it and go back inside. “Okay.”
I followed him behind the van and stood back as he opened the double-wide doors. He glanced to the right, then left. I caught a quick look at his profile. He was … maybe in his fifties? Low hanging jowls and pudgy. His eyes were small, his lips full. Something about him looked familiar.
Have I seen this guy before?
Quickly, he leaned into the van and picked up something. Swung around.
He jumped toward me and hooked an arm around my neck.
Wha—?
His arm tightened.
I struggled. Opened my mouth to scream.
A large cloth smashed against my nose and lips. “You’re mine now, Shaley.”

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard about this one but it does sound like a great read. I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!