Thursday, February 17, 2011

Interview with Small Review!

 Hey everyone! So, I have exciting news! Why yes, I am interviewing the great Small Review (no contradicting meant there :D) So, take a peak at what I learned about this seasoned blogger! (Thank you Small Review for the fun interview!)


How long have you been blogging?


Almost four months.


What type of genres do you enjoy?


I read mostly YA, so within that my favorite genres are fantasy, paranormal, historical fiction, and Gothic fiction. With a bit of romance in all genres please!

Do you have a favourite author? If yes, who?



I have a ton of favorites! So far I’ve loved everything I’ve read from Vivian Vande Velde. I’ve recently fallen in love with Alexandra Bracken, Lauren Baretz-Logsted and Adele Griffin.


What do you like to do (aside from reading and blogging)?

You mean there are things to do besides reading and blogging?? When I can tear myself away it’s usually to spend time cooking/baking, crocheting, walking, or watching
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Star Trek, and The Vampire Diaries. I also spend time with my fiancé and my puppy Snowball. When no one is home, it is rumored that I dance and sing (terribly) along with my favorite 1980s hair bands, but I will neither confirm nor deny that rumor.

What book are you looking forward to this year?



A whole bunch! Lauren Baratz-Logsted has a new book coming out in August called Little Women and Me that I can’t wait to read. I’m also really looking forward to a bunch of sequels: Betrayal by Lee Nichols, Supernaturally by Kiersten White, Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade, and My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison.

Are you a night owl, or early bird?

Complete night owl!

If you had a Time Machine, would you travel in the future or the past?

The romantic in me would love the chance to travel back in time (I love those kinds of books!). But the realist in me recognizes that I don’t really want to live without modern medicine. And indoor plumbing. And electricity. And modern hygiene. So I would probably go to the future. I’d be sure to take note of what stocks I should invest in when I return to the present!


What is one book everyone should read?


I’m terrible with questions like this! I don’t think there is really one book out there that everyone should read because all readers are different. For me at least, I’m very happy I decided to read The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson. It’s not really my genre, but I so completely fell in love with Jenna and her story. I can’t believe it took me so long to discover and read this amazing book.

Describe yourself in a sentence? Just for fun :)

A small person who never leaves the house without a book (though often forgets less important items like jackets, wallets, and cell phones), is hopelessly addicted to chocolate, adores the color pink, is easily distracted by sparkly things, often finds her way into trouble à la I Love Lucy, and writes really long sentences!

Doesn't she sound like a fun person? Yah, that's what I think too :) So thanks again Small Review and thanks everyone who read it! Be sure to check out her blog! Adios for now!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks again for having me here! This was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats sooo cool! how can one get involved w/interviewing other bloggers??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it took me so long to get over here! Great interview. It's always nice to get to know more about my favorite reviewers. So, you too forget important things but never the book. We have much in common!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small Review - Thank you for giving me your time! It was so fun :)

    Diana- Glad you liked the review :)

    Heather- Thanks for stopping by! Means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops meant to say interview up there :p Silly me always messing up typing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!