Monday, October 10, 2011

Review for Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren

Waterfall (River of Time, #1)Waterfall (River of Time Series #1)
By Lisa T. Bergren
Published by David C. Cook
Source: Personal Copy
352 pages

"In Waterfall, American teenager Gabi Betarrini accidently finds herself in Fourteenth-Century Italy . . . Knights. Swords. Horses. Armor. And Italian hotties. Most American teens want an Italian vacation, but the Betarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives there with their archaeologist parents. Stuck on yet another hot, dusty dig, they are bored out of their minds... until they place their hands atop handprints in an ancient tomb and find themselves catapulted into the Fourteenth Century and in the middle of a fierce battle between knights bent on killing one another."- Goodreads



"It's about time!" your all probably saying, am I right? I know, I have raved about this book, its about time I write my review. But the thing is, I don't know if I can do it justice or not. I mean I loved this book so much, I want to get across how great it was.  I'm trying to hold back my Oh-My-Squee of joy here, I promise I will try my best not to go all fan girl on you!


We follow Gabi as she gets thrown back in time to the fourteenth century. The author wastes no time in getting us to the interesting parts. That's right. She ends up right in the middle of a battle with her sister Lia no where to be found. Scary right? Does she break down? Uh, no. Gabi throughout the book even when she makes a few face-palming mistakes, always stuck up for herself and was a kick-butt herione! SHE ACTUALLY HAD A BRAIN! Gosh, I know it was amazing! I was like, "Yeah, go Gabs!" Her sister Lia was quite the character too, she is pretty tough! I wouldn't have the guts to do the things she did. Even though some things are hard to believe I didn't care because I was so absorbed in the story.


Now those were the girls, how about these Italian hotties? Like a fellow reviewer said, that word is plural, people! Plural!! Meaning more than one hottie in the mix! I loved these guys (except for the bad ones of course), I mean can they get any more manly? Lisa really knows how to create em, plus they are so respectful of Gabi. Marcello and Luca captured my heart. Both are so swoon worthy, its incredible! This book definitely packs some great romance in there! For romance lovers like me, this is the book for you!


The plot and setting no doubt reeled me in. I am a sucker for time travel, and to Italy? Yes, please! The historical elements were expertly done and not to mention engaging. I was so wrapped up in the story I had 14th century on my brain for days! This book is mentioned as Christian fiction but to tell you the truth it had only a few lines regarding God. The descriptions were so vivid, the characters so in depth, the romance so heart pounding, and the plot so engaging, how could I not love this book?


I highly recommend this book to those who love romance, time travel, suspense, adventure and much more! I cannot wait to read Cascade! Lisa Bergren you rock!


Are you not convinced? Well then I shall convince you to read this book! Check out the trailor and these three glowing reviews for it :) Plus read the excerpt!



 Excerpt:

He began counting the dance, turning me at count five and seven. I moved with him, without hesitation, and the eight count found my left hand in his, at chest level, and my right hand above my head, facing him. Our mouths were inches away from each other. "I believe you have this mastered, m'lady," he said, still not releasing me, still staring into my eyes.
"I believe you have taught me well, m'lord," I returned, staring steadily back at him. Oh my gosh, I thought. I so wanted him to take me into his arms and kiss me for all I was worth. I had never been kissed like that. And in that moment, I was clear on who I wanted to be the first.
I turned away when no matter what cost cascaded through my mind.
It could cost a great deal. For me. For him.
"Lady Betarrini?" he asked. "Gabriella," he said, dropping his tone, in such an enticing manner, I nearly turned.

7 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this one. Great review! And thanks for the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my review Jessica :) I hope you like it if you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard lot's of great things about this one but I still need to read it. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. The cover is beautiful! I love the excerpt you included. Awesome review. Thanks for sharing :) New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Jaskirat! The cover is really beautiful! I hope you get to read it :) Thanks for following too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hearing a lot about this book around the blogosphere...You make me wanna read it so badly!!! lol. I like your Autumn theme!Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you do Andra! Thanks, I love autumn so this is very fitting for me and the season! lol Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often have a harder time writing reviews for books that I loved more than books that I disliked. I guess it's easy to criticize books, harder to put into words exactly why you loved a book so much. I think you did a great job!

    What I admired most about Gabi was her attitude in the face of such events as she was put through. I probably would've broken down, all alone in 14th century Italy not knowing what to do.

    Looking forward to reading Cascade! And thanks so much for linking my review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!