Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Interview with author Janette Rallison

I'm excited to introduce to you, one of my favourite authors, Janette Rallison! She is going to bear with me on my first author interview.... I think that deserves a round of applause *claps* Thanks again Mrs.Rallison for coming on my blog! I'm going to be asking her a few questions and at the end of this post there will be a trailor for her new book Slayers under the pen name CJ Hills and a few links to my reviews! Ok lets get started!




Q:

You are the author of many books including my favourite My Fair Godmother. Is there any one in particular that was a challenge?

A:

I guess that depends on what you mean by a challenge. All's Fair in Love, War, and High School went through at least six revisions because the adults who read the book had a sort of knee-jerk reaction to a character who was a popular cheerleader. Apparently most people hate that sort of character on sight, so I had to keep reworking her. And then when my editor was happy with her, his boss wanted to cut the book from 250 pages to 200 pages because she said kids wouldn't read a book that was over 200 pages. That required even more changes.

Just One Wish only had three revisions but it was a hard book for me to write because I kept crying during it. I cried when I researched kids with cancer, I cried when I wrote the scenes, and I cried during every revision. I don't ever want to write another book with cancer in it. I'll stick with fairies, dragons, and romance. That's much easier to write.

 
Q:

I cried when I read it! I can't imagine trying to write it. I hear Slayers has just been released, can you describe what it's about for us?

A:

Slayers is about kids who have superpowers to fight dragons--which comes in handy since dragons are coming back to the world and they aren't the nice friendly dragons of Eragon. They're the sort that happily munch on people. Tori, the main character, doesn't realize why she's always had a fascination with dragons until she goes to dragon camp. Then when she finds out that dragons are real and she's supposed help fight them, she is less than thrilled by her new role as superhero. She has to learn what her power is before the dragon lord attacks.

It's an action adventure story instead of my usual romantic comedy, which is why it's under the pen name CJ Hill. Janette Rallison fans will like it too though, because there is still enough romance and comedy to make it a fun story.

 
Q:

Wow sounds amazing! Can't wait to read it :) So, are there any more brilliant stories brewing for you? Anything that we could be looking forward to?

A:

I have a fun time-travel dystopian novel coming out Sept 2012 called Erasing Time. I also just finished the first draft of a paranormal romance. One wouldn't think it would be a lot of fun to write a book with flesh-eating scarabs, but it really was.

Q:

Flesh-eating scarabs? Sounds very interesting! I'm excited to learn more about Erasing Time too! What fall release are you excited to read?

A:

Ally Condie's Crossed, and Christopher Paolini's Inheritance.

Q:

Crossed is on my list too! For randomness, what is your favourite treat to eat?

A:

Chocolate. Mmmmmm.

Q:

We got that in common! Who doesn't love chocolate? Lastly, just for fun, try to describe yourself in a sentence!

A:

It's funny you ask, because I always have to come up with a blurb about myself every time I write a book and I never know what to say. But here goes anyway:

I am the mother of five awesome children, eighteen good books, and more stray cats than a normal person should have.

Awesome answers! Thank you so much again for letting me interview you! It was a pleasure to have you here! As promised here are a few links to my reviews as well as a blurb and trailor for her newest release Slayers!



Slayers
Dragons exist. They’re ferocious. And they’re smart: Before they were killed off by slayer-knights, they rendered a select group of eggs dormant, so their offspring would survive. Only a handful of people know about this, let alone believe it – these “Slayers” are descended from the original knights, and are now a diverse group of teens that includes Tori, a smart but spoiled senator’s daughter who didn’t sign up to save the world. The dragon eggs have fallen into the wrong hands. The Slayers must work together to stop the eggs from hatching. They will fight; they will fall in love. But will they survive? - Goodreads
 




Here is the book trailor:


Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed my first author interview!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, congratulations! Jannette's one of my fave's too, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of SLAYERS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! *claps* awesome interview, Lu! Jannette sounds like such a nice and fun person :)

    Diana
    ps. I really want to read JUST ONE WISH now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby - That makes two of us! Thanks for reading my first author post!

    Diana - Yeah she does :) Haha, you should! I really enjoyed it.. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!