Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Review for Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)Deadly Little Lies (Touch #2)

Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz 
Publisher: Hyperion Book
Source: Public Library
Challenges: For the Love of YA, Library Challenge
288 pages

"Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred? Even once Ben returns to school, Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Despite the romantic tension between them, Ben remains aloof, avoiding contact. Then when an unexpected kiss leads to a frightening argument, Camelia makes the painful decision to let Ben go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at work, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. Adam is easygoing, and seems to really care about her.But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events upturns secrets from Ben's past--and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it’s up to Camelia to figure out who—before it’s too late." - Goodreads


    This is the second book in the Touch Series. The first one, Deadly Little Secrets was awesome - just like this one. We get to see more Camelia and of course more Ben!

   I've always loved Camelia as a main character. She's relatible and a strong girl who is very determined sometimes! But I find her (just a little) obessesive of Ben... does anyone else notice that? Other than that she pulled through again (and lived to tell the tale!) Ben is the same, basically. I found in this book though, first he didn't want to be near Camelia but then as soon as she tries to move on he gets all like interested in her safety again. But that being said I still love Ben. He's not my 'swoon' worthy type but he fits the bill for the romanctic side of this book. Now, entry of a new character: Adam. I was suspicious of him at first but I can't deny his charm. Really who could? He was so sweet to Camelia and hilarious! I have a feeling he will be playing a big role in the next book. Camelia's friends are also noteworthy characters. The conflict and bickering between Wes and Kimmie is so so funny! Haha those two liven up the otherwise serious book!

   Yes, Camelia is being stalked...again. Sigh. That poor poor girl, can she not get a break? Secrets, lies, games (<- Notice that those are the titles) are involved with her life and she just can't seem to get away and have a normal life. These books though, have this way of hooking the reader. Or at least me. I read this in a day. I couldn't set it down for more than an hour before I was like "What's going to happen?!" So, yes... it's addictive. One small part was really neat. In between the story there are short diary entries from an Alexia. Now who is that? Well, I do know. It makes perfect sense (you'll have to read it, I can't tell!) And I am SO interested in finding out how that person will change this whole series! I give the plot and pace of this book an A.

   I recommend this book to people who read the first book Deadly Little Secrets and liked it. Also if you enjoy mystery, suspense, romance, and action - this is a good book for all that! I hope I'll get to read Deadly Little Games and Deadly Little Voices!

Excerpt:

I've been having trouble sleeping. Most nights, I find myself lying awake in bed, unable to nod off. And unable to take my mind off him.
The strength of his hands.
The way he smelled - a mix of sugar and sweat.
And the branchlike scar that snaked up his arm.
Ever since Ben left four months ago, I've been getting fixated on these little things, trying to remember if his scar had three branches or four, if it was his left or his right thumb knuckle that always looked a little swollen, and if his sugary smell was more like powdered doughnuts or cotton candy.
Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. And I'm not just saying that to be dramatic. I really question my sanity. Things just haven't been right lately. I haven't been right.
I guess that's what scares me the most.

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!