Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review for Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren

Cascade (River of Time, #2)Cascade (River of Time #2)
By Lisa Tawn Bergren
Published by David C. Cook
Personal Copy
399 pages

"Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”

Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.
But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever."-Goodreads
 

A fantastic follow up to one of my favourite books - Waterfall! Cascade showcases Bergren's ability to weave a great plot together all the while continuing with the romance we come to expect from Bergren!

The mindsets of our main characters have changed for the better. They now are more prepared and face a decision. Whether to live in the past or the present and I loved how their mother is involved now. We are re-introduced to old characters meet new intriguing ones along the way (Lord Greco anyone?) and even are faced with traitors. I have to admire the bravery of Gabi and Lia, they sure have to face some troublesome times. As the reader though, I noticed that these girls really know many things and are able to do a lot! They were made for this time! Marcello and Luca are the shining points in this novel for me. I love both to bits - bits I tell you! Particulary Luca (I like 'em funny). The romance that is between Marcello and Gabi is very touching and the blossoming romance happening between Luca and Lia is giving me much to look forward too!

There is never, never, a dull moment in this series. It doesn't make you feel rushed but it holds you to the book with an unseeable force! Cascade will have you grinning (romance), laughing (commentary between Marcello and Luca), cringing, shocked (plot twists) and finally just overally a satisfied feeling. Although I did find some things that I was a bit unpleased with (just minor things, more personal than anything) it was far and few between and it didn't effect the whole enjoyment of the book! Oh and be prepared for the ending - you'll want the next one handy!

I highly recommend this to those who have read Waterfall but also - if you haven't started this series, you should seriously consider it! Lovers of romance, action, knights (real men), and Italy, these books are for you!

Excerpt:

Lia heaved a sigh and stepped up to the wall. "We have to pull off at the same moment, this time," she said to me. "Mom, you hold us tight, and whatever happens, don't let go, all right?"
"We're more prepared this round," I said, trying to ease her fears.
Outside, the man's voices came closer. A shout went up. They'd discover our escape. "Girls," Mom said in warning, glancing toward the tomb entrance. "I'm praying you aren't ill, suffering some sort of mental lapse. Because the last thing I need is Manero to find all three of us in here."

"If you think Manero's bad," Lia said, "wait till you meet some of the dudes ahead of us."
**Read more HERE**

Book Trailor:

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah! So glad you felt CASCADE lived up to WATERFALL's lead. Hope you'll dive into TORRENT soon! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with your readers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Nevermind! Now I see that big TORRENT cover on what you're worming thru next! Woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this book is a Young Adult Christian novel, which I was surprised when I found that out. I like the sounds of it! The cover is great. The only thing I didn't quite get was I wasn't sure what this book was about when I first found out. Great review! Thank you for sharing it! I don't see a lot of people feature nor do they read this book, but your review is awesome!! ^__^

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!