Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review for Torrent by Lisa T. Bergren

Torrent (River of Time, #3)Torrent (River of Time #3)
By Lisa Tawn Bergren
Published by David C. Cook
Personal Copy
388 pages

"When Gabi and Lia finally learn to surf the river of time, they realize they must make hard choices about life and love in the third and final book in the River of Time series.

Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population. In the suspenseful conclusion of the River of Time series, every decision is about life … and death."- Goodreads


Are you still unsure about whether to buy this series and read it? Let me alleviate that decision for you, go ahead and read them. Although I have to say Waterfall was by far my favourite, all three will take you on a ride you'll never forget!

Torrent had a totally different feel to it, well at least to me, the characters have progressed so much from that first time we meet them in Waterfall. Gabi, in my eyes, is now a young adult. A mature women who has to make the biggest decision of her life... with people always trying to kill her family (and her) - you can see why she had to grow up. With all that went on in those first two books, it has taken a lot out of Gabi and by this book, she's not quite as uh 'fiery' as before. I missed that but respected it. I have no doubt in my mind that Gabi is meant for Marcello and likewise. They make a great couple! But I have to say I missed my Lia and Luca action *sad face* I need (yes, it is on a need basis now) their story! They are my favs in this series! In Torrent, old faces rise again (and yes Lord Greco is in there) and a new character is added.. who can I just mention is very understanding and maybe a little too...believing? He didn't blink an eye at the whole situation. But alas what a great cast of characters!

Yes, there are more battles, yes there is more drama, and action... keeping me up till the wee hours of the morning! We even get some action in Rome (gasp I know!! Cool right?) Although, sometimes there is an abundance of convenience and sometimes the turn out is too good to be true, I loved this series. Torrent brought tears to my eyes, it made me grin like an idiot, and made me rage with fury (at the bad guys)! It took me on a roller coaster of emotions and left me with an ending that I accepted. No doubt, if you know me, I want more. More please! But yes, the ending is satisfying and leaves you with hope for the future!

I do highly recommend this series, Waterfall, Cascade, Torrent - they will leave you breathless. If I could have one request to the author - Luca and Lia's story please! (You knew that was coming).

Excerpt:

My breath caught when I saw the rebuilt walls and gates, the movement of guards at the top of the walls. Hoping, wishing, I half stood before Lia whispered harshly. "Gabi, get down."
That was when I saw it. The long, white banner with the red cross on it, waving above Castello Forelli.
The Guelph cross.
Firenze's symbol. Not Siena's. Not Marcello's.
The question was now, if Firenze still held Castello Forelli, where would I find Marcello?

4 comments:

  1. I've heard so many raves about this series, I really need to push it up Mt. TBR! Nicely reviewed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the author showed up on your page girl! Super awesome! I have read the first two. I am going to pick up and finish the series soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still need to read Cascade and Torrent. Looking forward to it! Though I can't say that I absolutely loved Waterfall, I did love the action, so it's good to hear that there's tons more in Torrent as well. Agreed about Luca and Lia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!