Friday, June 10, 2011

Review for Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover by Ally Carter

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)Don't Judge A Girl By Her Cover (Gallagher Girls #3)

Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: Public Library
Challenges: For the Love of YA, Library Challenge
263 pages


"When Cammie "The Chameleon" Morgan visits her roommate Macey in Boston, she thinks she's in for an exciting end to her summer break. After all, she's there to watch Macey's father accept the nomination for vice president of the United States. But when you go to the world's best school (for spies), "exciting" and "deadly" are never far apart. Cammie and Macey soon find themselves trapped in a kidnappers' plot, with only their espionage skills to save them.

As her junior year begins, Cammie can't shake the memory of what happened in Boston, and even the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women doesn't feel like the safe haven it once did. Shocking secrets and old flames seem to lurk around every one of the mansion's corners as Cammie and her friends struggle to answer the questions, Who is after Macey? And how can the Gallagher Girls keep her safe?

Soon Cammie is joining Bex and Liz as Macey's private security team on the campaign trail. The girls must use their spy training at every turn as the stakes are raised, and Cammie gets closer and closer to the shocking truth.." - Goodreads
  
    I LOVE this series so much!! And not because of the totally-awesome-teenage-girl-dream covers! Ally Carter is an amazing writer that will have you hooked!
 
  I absolutely adore Cammie. I mean who wouldn't? She doesn't brag - though she's awesome, she doesn't whine, is sassy, fun, relatible and totally puts the Girl in Gallagher. I mean every single time I'm reading these books, I want to swap places with her! ... But really she is totally a teenage girl who talks, acts, and thinks like one would. Ally Carter really knows what she's doing - you fall in love with Cammie as a main character. You can't help but laugh at some things she says, she's funny! Bex and Liz are back in too... I wish I had two friends like them! Liz is still as smart as ever and Bex well Bex is still as bad-kick as before. This story though has a lot to do with Macey, and I liked how we got to learn a bit more about her and how she really feels towards her life. And guess who else was there? Zach! *swoooniee* I forgot how much I love him! Though in this book he doesn't appear enough for me. I hope the next book has more of him... I love him because well he's handsome, mysterious. and apparently dangerous (supposedly by Cammie's aunt). All the characters from Cammie's mom to Mr. Solomon rock in this story.

  But come on besides the awesome cast (did I mention  how much I love Cammie and Zach -especially together?!) the plot is ROCK-TASTIC! It has spies, missions, covers, secrets not to mention action. Ally Carter knows how to keep you interested in the story enough to keep on reading. I love her writing, it flows and even with simplistic words manages to pull on your emotions (not in a bad way!).

  I highly recommend this whole series to everyone! I love love it and I hope that if you do decide to pick up these books that you'll love them too! I think I enjoyed the second one the best.... I can't wait to get my hands of the fourth (it's supposedly the best out of the series cuase there's more mystery, action and oh yeah more Cammie and Zach moments!). My hat is totally off to Ally Carter... thank you for the incredible books that make me want to sign up for Gallagher Academy! So everyone Go go get these books... you won't be disappointed!!

P.S. Check out this LINK to see the trailor fo Only The Good Spy Young!
Click HERE for the author's site and amazing amount of info on the books!

Excerpt:

   “Don’t forget the rehearsal!” her mother called, but Macey was already pulling me through the double doors.

   I caught the agent’s eye one final time as he tried to figure out what I could possibly have in common with the girl who was pulling me along. On the TV, someone said, “Cynthia McHenry is a well-known businesswoman and philanthropist. The couple has one daughter, Macey, a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, in Roseville, Virginia.”

Our school. National television.

A thousand thoughts raced through my mind before Macey slammed the doors behind us, as if trapping my worries on the other side. She smiled a mischievous smile, and for the first time that day I recognized my friend in the girl who stood before me. “So, how do you like my cover?”