Thursday, February 23, 2012

Review for Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Rigg

Casey Barnes EponymousCasey Barnes Eponymous
By E.A. Rigg
Published January 1st 2012                                 
Ebook from E.A. Rigg (Thank you!!)
220 pages


"It's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide. For Casey the newfound attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it."-Goodreads




 Casey Barnes Eponymous is made for music lovers. Everything in this book is connected to the music, it all comes back to the basics: music. It was a real treat and trust me, your playlist will get a whole lot longer!

Casey Barnes is the main character and boy is she ever one! It's hard to describe her and she definitely made this book great. Casey always has a comeback, she's wordy (trys to distract the listener by veering off topic - very funny), sarcastic, and a rock-star in the making. She IS a total teenager. I did doubt her thinking a bit, I guess just because I don't really think that way. I would have liked to see more fleshed out characters though. I was definitely able to put a personality to a name - which I liked very much - but just more connection to some of the other characters (even the main) would have made it better. On that note, Yull and Ben were awesome. Yull and Casey's relationship (brother and sister) was so darn hilarious - and so touching! I loved their bicking and bantering (I give brownie points to the author for the witty dialogue). Ben was the drummer in Casey's band and their connection through music was rock-tastic.

The biggest problem for me was the writing style. Not the writing itself - like I said the dialogue was witty, funny, and realistic. Let's face it: I'm not used to the "she did this (talking about the MC)" and "he did that".  It was just hard to follow, because I had to figure out who "she" was. And the flashbacks confused me sometimes, I didn't realize we had jumped back into a previous situation and then once we left the flashback, I'm like "whoa, wait what happened". But, if I have one thing to say, its this: E.A. Rigg knows her music. The references and just the knowledge behind everything was fantastic. Needless to say I was impressed.

I would recommend Casey Barnes Eponymous to music (seriously if you love music pick it up!), romance, and witty character lovers!

Excerpt:

Ben looked at her. "Some day." He kept walking. Casey fell into step alongside him. "Someday what?"

******

A moment passed.
"Someday you're not going to always have a comeback." Casey looked at him. "Will that be a good thing?"
"I think so." He paused.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I just finished this one, actually. It is definitely is music book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read and appreciate every single one! I <3 to hear your thoughts so don't be afraid to say whats on your mind!!